Our Achievements

  • Fadhili Savings Groups (FSGs) have improved the lives of families living in poverty by teaching members how to pool their savings and loan to each other to meet their personal and societal needs. The project is modeled on Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs).  So far, we have over 40,000 members in groups who have transacted over 220 million KES in 9 years.  91% of members are women.
  • Fadhili has worked with Orphans and Vulnerable children (OVC) in Kajiado district since 2004. This project was started in response to the need among OVC for educational support. The project complements academic studies with discipleship and mentorship during school vacations. Over 60% of the children we support are orphans whose parents died of HIV/AIDS and other terminal diseases. The other 40% are drawn from vulnerable children who may have parents but lack the means to acquire an education. To date, the project has supported 117 children through Primary, Secondary and Tertiary education.
  • Fadhili Trust has been involved in Abstinence and Be Faithful (AB) project with PLWHA (Prevention with Positives) in Loitokitok and Kajiado Districts.  Through that project, we reached over 29,000 people with HIV prevention activities through one on one sessions.  A further 20,000 were reached through mass events in both districts.  This program was funded by Centers for Disease Control (CDC) through Community Habitat Foundation (CHF), Kenya.  The program helped build the Fadhili’s capacity by ensuring that the right systems and structures were in place.
  • Fadhili has implemented an Abstinence and Behavior Change project among the Youth in Kajiado and Loitokitok.  This project was funded by USAID through World Relief, Kenya and reached over 20,000 youth since its inception in 2004.  This project specifically targetted youth from 15 to 24 years with Abstinence and Behavior change activities through the Choose Life curriculum.
  • In 2010, Fadhili received funds from Catholic Relief Services to implement the AB and HIV Counselling and Testing (HTC) Programs. Abstinence and Be faithful (AB) Program targets youth in and out of school, young people in relationships and adults, with abstinence and be faithful messages. AB program interventions include Healthy Choices which aims to prevent pregnancy, STIs and HIV among adolescents by empowering them to adopt or change their behavior in ways that reduce their risk. It also includes Families Matter Program (FMP).  It aims to reach parents, teaching them how to improve parent-child communication on HIV, sexuality, and broader issues using incorporated role play with their children 9-12 years old.
    From 2010 to 2014, it reached over 14,000 youth in and out of school. It also trained over 5,000 parents in better communication skills with their children through the Families Matter Program.
  • We have also established good rapport and linkages with the government for sustainability and procurement of commodities via government supply chain management.